ENGAGEMENTS AS SPEAKER
– Invited Panelist, Panel: Innovations in Agriculture – How to Sustainably Feed a Growing Population, in the 2nd Annual Conference of the Indo-German Centre for Business Excellence, Frankfurt, Germany, 22 September 2022
– Invited Panelist, Panel: Fairness, Bias, Law and Trustworthiness in AI, Helmholz AI Conference 2022, 2 June 2022
– Invited Panel Chair, Session: Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Alexander von Humboldt’s 12th Brazil-German Frontiers of Science and Technology Symposium, Maceo, Brazil, 29 June – 2 July 2022.
– Invited Poster Presentation, Big Data for (Agro)Biodiversity: Ethics, Incentives and DLTs, Alexander von Humboldt’s 12th Brazil-German Frontiers of Science and Technology Symposium, Maceo, Brazil, 29 June – 2 July 2022
– Invited Panel Chair and Speaker, AI in Agriculture: Ethical Concerns and Responsible Solutions, George Mason University and the Institute for Ethics in Artificial Intelligence, Technical University of Munich, 22 June 2022
– Speaker, Looking Beyond Duties and Consequences: Can Eastern Philosophy Support Ethically Mindful Early Stage Research? at The Responsible AI Forum, Holiday Inn, Munich, 06 December 2021.
– Invited Speaker, “Sustainability” and UN Sustainable Development Goals, Presentation for school students at the Ada Lovelace Girls in AI Hackathon, India (Online), 09 October 2021
– Invited Speaker, Outline of a Novel Approach for Identifying Ethical Issues in Early Stages of AI4EO Research, IEEE’s International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 15 July 2021.
– Moderator/Panel Chair, Promoting Student Resilience in Universities: Solutions to the Mental Health Crisis, in the conference: “Changing Paradigms in a Pandemic World: How to Regain Trust – Health Happiness and Ethics” organized by the World Forum for Ethics in Business on World Health Day (Online) 07 April 2021.
– Invited Speaker, Creating a Digital Marketplace for Agrobiodiversity and Plant Genetic Sequence Data: Legal and Ethical Considerations of an AI and Blockchain Based Solution, in the conference: “Towards Responsible Plant Data Linkage: Global Challenges for Food Security and Governance” co-organized by the Alan Turing Institute and University of Exeter (Online), 19 March 2021.
– Speaker, Ethics and AI Enabled Decision Making: Towards more affirmative-action and “care” oriented data labeling, The Responsible AI Forum Preview, IEAI, TUM (Online), 13 November 2020
– Panelist, Ethics in Artificial Intelligence, Panel Discussion, Big Data World Conference, Frankfurt, Germany, 14 November 2019. • Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Work, Panel Discussion, Big Data World Conference, Frankfurt, Germany, 14 November 2019.
– Poster Presentation, ReSeed: Blockchain for Biodiversity, Poster presentation for a start-up concept, University of St. Gallen Blockchain Roundtable, Switzerland, 05 November, 2019.
– Invited Speaker, Diversifying Directions of Knowledge and Value Flows: Legal and Ethical issues of a Blockchain Usecase in the Agro-Seeds Sector, EuroSeed Annual Congress, Stockholm, 14 October 2019.
– Conference Co-organizer and Speaker, Balancing the Landscape of Incentives for Sustainable Seed Innovations: Legal and Ethical Issues that Blockchain and AI can Potentially Help Address, Sustainable Seed Innovations 2.0 Conference, International Art of Living Foundation, Bangalore, India, 31 July 2019.
– Invited Speaker, Can Blockchain Help Monetize Small Farmer Innovations? Plant Variety Protection Debates: Connecting Law, Science and Social Science, University of Warwick, 10 July 2018
Guest Lectures / Special Lectures
– Kochupillai. Invited Talk, Why Teach a Machine to be Intelligent? AI Education Event for School Students organized by the Inspiring Girls International, 22 October 2022.
– Kochupillai. Identifying Ethical Issues and Opportunities in AI4EO Research: A Novel Framework for Academic Researchers, Invited talk for the “City and Society” Team, German Aerospace Center, Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany (Online) 02 December 2021.
– Kochupillai. On the Practical Side: Working Ethics and Human Rights into AI and Earth Observations Research, Keynote Address, Autumn School Geo.X Young Academy, FU Berlin (Online) 17 November 2021.
– Kochupillai. Incentivizing Conservation, Research and Innovation with Agrobiodiversity: Can a Blokchain Based Solution Overcome Existing Market and Regulatory Failures? Women in Science Talk, PhenoRob (Robotics and Phenotyping for Sustainable Crop Production), University of Bonn (Online) 24 September 2021.
– Kochupillai. Biodiversity and Emerging Technologies, Invited Talk for School Children in Mumbai, India, Hosted by Coding and More (Online ) 18 September 2021
– Kochupillai. Panel Chair, Promoting Student Resilience in Universities
– Kochupillai. AI for Sustainable Food and Agriculture, Invited talk for Middle School Students, Cathedral and John Connon Middle School, Mumbai, India (Online), 30 July 2021
– Kochupillai. Literature Review of Ethical Issues in AI4EO: Current Understanding and Scope for Improvement, AI4EO Lab Talk, Munich AI Future Lab, Technical University of Munich (Online), 13 November 2020
– Kochupillai. From Application Agnostic to Application Specific AI for Earth Observations: A Preliminary Overview of Ethical Caveats and Opportunities, Keynote Lecture, Munich Aerospace Research Group, Munich (Online), 16 July 2020
– Kochupillai. Blockchain, Seed Supply Chains and Markets for Heterogenous Materials: Possibilities and Limitations, Invited Talk, European Seed Association, Brussels, Belgium, 26 June 2019.
– Kochupillai. The UPOV System and In Situ Seed Innovations by Small Farmers: Can Blockchain Enhance the Current System, Invited Talk, Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO), Angers, France, 06 November 2018
– Kochupillai. Promoting Sustainable Innovations in Plant Varieties: Re-Thinking the Role of Farmers’ Exemption in Promoting Small Farmers’ Innovation, Guest Lecture, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, 25 January 2018
– Kochupillai. The New EU Organic Regulations: What can the EU and India Learn from One Another?, Guest Lecture, Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ), Großbeeren, Germany, 06 May 2019.
– M. Kochupillai. A Blockchain Facilitated Marketplace for Heterogenous Seeds and Plant Genetic Resources: Possibilities and Limitations”, Research Seminar, Technical University of Munich, 06 June 2019.
Request Mrinalini as a Speaker
Would you like to invite Mrinalini or any of her team members for a conference presentation or a special/guest talk, please contact us using this form. We can also work with you to create custom-made presentations for special settings, such as for school students and business schools.
*In the Event type field, please indicate: (i) Conference Presentation (ii) Guest Lecture/Keynote Address (iii) Talk for School Students (iv) Other (please specify)